School Services

Meals: Breakfast and Lunch


Waverly Elementary School's school menu can be accessed through the LINQ Connect portal or mobile app. Families do not need a LINQ account to view menus, which are available to the public.

Free and Reduced Meals (FARMs)

HCPSS participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. Students from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals. Parents/guardians must submit a new application every school year to maintain their student’s eligibility. To apply, go to the HCPSS FARMs webpage.


Breakfast and lunch are free for students who are enrolled in the Free and Reduced Meals program. For all other students, breakfast is $2.00 and lunch is $2.80 per meal.


Meal payments may be made via credit card using the LINQ Connect portal. On-site payments and prepayments may be made using cash or check. Parents/guardians will need to create an account to make online payments to their child’s meal account, monitor their child’s account, schedule automatic recurring payments, set up low balance alerts, submit a Free and Reduced Meals program application, and more.

Wellness and Quality Commitment

Information on the HCPSS wellness policy and commitment to quality is available online.

Health Room

Contact Information

Mary Ellen Evans - School Registered Nurse

  • Phone: 410-313-2819
  • Confidential Fax: 410-465-3170

School Health Protocols

  • Medication - Students may not carry any medication (prescription or over the counter, including cough drops, Tylenol, inhalers)  Parents should contact the health room should their child require any type of medication.

  • Notification of Illness - Students must be fever free for 24 hours without fever reducers before returning to school.  For our attendance reporting purposes, a signed parent/guardian note with student's name, grade, date(s) of absence and reason will still be required upon the student's return to school. It is important to follow up with the Health Room Staff if your child has been hospitalized for any reason.

  • Communicable Diseases - Please notify the health room if your child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease such as strep throat, influenza, chicken pox, whooping cough (pertussis), etc. Information is confidential and only used to track for trends.

  • Head Lice - Head Lice is not a communicable disease. Please notify the health room if your child has been treated for head lice.  Information is kept confidential and only used to track for trends.

Health Forms

  • Medication Form - A Medication Form is needed if a child needs to receive medication during school hours. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent. Medication must be delivered to the health room by the parent.  Contact the health room for details if needed.
  • Auto Injector Form (e.g. Epi Pen/Auvi-Q) - An Auto Injector Form is needed if a child has food allergies severe enough to case anaphylaxis. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent.  Medication must be delivered to the health room by the parent.  Contact the health room for details if needed.
  • Physical Exam Form - A Physical Exam Form must be completed 9 months prior to entering the Maryland Public School System or 6 months after. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent and returned to the health room.
  • Proof of Immunizations must be provided by your child's health care provider and must be signed and/or stamped.
  • Lead Form - A Lead Form is needed for PK-K-1st Grade students.  The form must be signed and returned by the parent/guardian.
  • Dental Health Form - A Dental Health Form is needed to provide record that the child is receiving dental care.
  • Health Survey - A Health Survey is needed to register your child for Howard County Public Schools.
Mary Ellen Evans, RN
Waverly Elementary School (410 313-2819)

Before and After School Care

Recreational Licenced Daycare Department of Recreation and Parks:

Recreational Licensed Child Care is dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing, quality program for the youth of Howard County.  More information...

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →