Meals: Lunch & Breakfast
HCPSS students and their families can now view menus and nutrition and allergen information for meals served in all HCPSS schools through Nutrislice, a website and free smartphone app.
This upgrade to school menus benefits school health professionals and parents who can easily access nutritional information and make informed choices for their child’s nutrition.
The Howard County Public School System recently transitioned to a new online meal payment system, MySchoolBucks.com. This website allows families to easily manage student accounts and make payments online on personal computers and mobile devices.
Elementary Student Breakfast
- $2.00 – Breakfast
- $0.30 – Reduced Price Breakfast (Apply for Reduced Price Meals)
Elementary Student Lunch
- $2.75 – Elementary School Lunch
- $0.40 – Reduced Price Lunch (Apply for Reduced Price Meals)
- $0.50 – Milk (1/2 pint)
Meals purchased without a PIN incur an additional charge – $0.30 for breakfast and $0.60 for lunch. View prices for adult meals.
For more information on the HCPSS wellness policy, and information on nutrition and allergens, please visit the Food Services site.
Rachel Tulis - School Cluster Nurse
Melanie Dore - School Health Assistant
- Phone: 410-313-2819
- Confidential Fax: 410-465-3170
School Health Protocols
Medication - Students may not carry any medication (prescription or over the counter, including cough drops, Tylenol, inhalers) Parents should contact the health room should their child require any type of medication.
Notification of Illness - Students must be fever free for 24 hours without fever reducers before returning to school. For our attendance reporting purposes, a signed parent/guardian note with student's name, grade, date(s) of absence and reason will still be required upon the student's return to school. It is important to follow up with the Health Room Staff if your child has been hospitalized for any reason.
Communicable Diseases - Please notify the health room if your child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease such as strep throat, influenza, chicken pox, whooping cough (pertussis), etc. Information is confidential and only used to track for trends.
Head Lice - Head Lice is not a communicable disease. Please notify the health room if your child has been treated for head lice. Information is kept confidential and only used to track for trends.
- Medication Form - A Medication Form is needed if a child needs to receive medication during school hours. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent. Medication must be delivered to the health room by the parent. Contact the health room for details if needed.
- Auto Injector Form (e.g. Epi Pen/Auvi-Q) - An Auto Injector Form is needed if a child has food allergies severe enough to case anaphylaxis. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent. Medication must be delivered to the health room by the parent. Contact the health room for details if needed.
- Physical Education/Activity Assessment Form - A Physical Education/Activity Assessment Form is needed if a child needs excused from PE and//or Recess for longer than 5 days. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent and returned to the health room.
- Physical Exam Form - A Physical Exam Form must be completed 9 months prior to entering the Maryland Public School System or 6 months after. The form has to be completed by the doctor and signed by the parent and returned to the health room.
- Proof of Immunizations must be provided by your child's health care provider and must be signed and/or stamped.
- Lead Form - A Lead Form is needed for PK-K-1st Grade students. The form must be signed and returned by the parent/guardian.
- Dental Health Form - A Dental Health Form is needed to provide record that the child is receiving dental care.
- Health Survey - A Health Survey is needed to register your child for Howard County Public Schools.
HCPSS Cluster Nurse
Guilford Elementary School (410 880-5934)
Waverly Elementary School (410 313-2819)
410 302-7495 (cell)